Need to import/migrate files and folders from servers and network shares into SharePoint 2010 document libraries?
This free commandline application helps you get the job done! Ideal for one-time migration of a large number of documents into SharePoint 2010.
- Run it anywhere. Every action is done using the Client Object Model, there is no need to install it on the server.
- Support for Mixed authentication, both Windows and Forms
- Import folders and files with all subfolders
- Retain creation and modified date fields after moving to SharePoint
- Retain author/editor fields from office documents after moving to SharePoint
- Incompatible file names are renamed (filename too long, illegal characters)
- Unsupported files (large filesize, blocked file extension, …) are skipped
- Files already existing on SharePoint are skipped (no overwrite)
- Successfully migrated files and folders can be moved to an “archive” folder
- Detailed log (Log4Net) with info on migration issues
- Option to skip creation of empty folders in SharePoint
- Option to merge subfolders to a flat list in SharePoint.
- Easy to run in batch when migrating several locations
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Server or Foundation
- .NET Framework 3.5
If you need more features, we refer to commercial solutions:
Other open-source alternatives:
This project makes use of the following open source projects:
testApi: Command-Line Parsing APIs http://testapi.codeplex.com
Orbit One is a full-service solution provider located in Ghent, Belgium.
We are specialised in the development of websites and web applications using Microsoft.NET, SharePoint, Umbraco and Dynamics CRM technologies. http://www.orbitone.com