ERROR - The document library * does not exist

May 25, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Greetings...  working with a client that is quite enamoured with using web unfriendly characters such as "#, %"etc.  I came accross this tool and was overjoyed because it might just rescue me from a lot of busywork...

so i think i have my syntax correct, but every time i run this proccess i get bogged down on this particular step (the doc library).  i have checked the user I am using, permissions, and everything else that I can think of, to no avail, so was wondering if this had been encountered previously, or if you could let me know where i am offing the proverbial pooch...:

C:\OrbitOne>orbitone.sharepoint.importer.exe -folder:C:\Users\Planet\Dropbox\accounting -site:http://portal.bridges-si.com -documentlibrary:accounting -username:admin@bridges-si.com 

-password:********* -createfolders -createemptyfolders

INFO - Configuring application
INFO - Initializing Sharepoint Connection
INFO - Initializing Validation
ERROR - The document library accounting does not exist

obvioulsy the line break is not there in command prompt and the PW has been sterilized.  Here is the log entry associated:

2011-05-25 14:38:43,174 INFO  Configuring application
2011-05-25 14:38:43,186 INFO  Initializing Sharepoint Connection
2011-05-25 14:38:43,248 INFO  Initializing Validation
2011-05-25 14:39:18,667 ERROR The document library accounting does not exist

May 30, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Hi,

Did you by any chance rename the accounting document library? The importer tries to find the document library by Title, which might be different that the path in the url.

Jun 24, 2011 at 3:58 PM

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to copy files into the default Shared Documents folder and keep getting the message that the library Shared Documents does not exist. I have not renamed the document library and the title matches the path in the url.

Any ideas?