Added function to enable import of folders within folders.

Dec 6, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Hi guys...

Fantastic product!  I was just wondering if there are any plans to add the functionality to import entire folder hierarchies anytime soon?  I think this addition would make all the difference into the real world application of this tool!

Dec 6, 2011 at 6:53 AM

The tool supports folder hierarchies, and can either import them as-is or flatten the structure.

Unless i'm missing something I think it does exactly what you ask. Could you clarify?

Dec 6, 2011 at 7:09 AM
Edited Dec 6, 2011 at 7:10 AM

What I am trying to achieve, is importing a folder full of files, within this folder there could be subfolders, and perhaps even subfolders within those subfolders.

Through testing, importing the base folder works great, and the subfolders are created fine, however none of the files within the subfolders, or subfolders within subfolders are not imported.

E.g:

Base Folder

File 1

File 2

Subfolder 1

File 3

File 4

Subfolder 2

Sub SubFolder 3

File 5

File 6

In this example, File 1 & 2 are imported without issue.  Subfolder 1 & 2 are created within SharePoint, however File 3, 4, 5, 6 and Sub SubFolder 3 are not imported.

My apologises if I have missed something in the documentation on how to get this recursive function to work, however in my testing I have not been able to get this function working.

Thanks heaps for any help in advance. 

Dec 6, 2011 at 7:26 AM

Strange, everything *should* be imported

I'll look into this.

Dec 6, 2011 at 7:40 AM

Thanks heaps.  Any advise would be FANTASTIC...  

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Hi,

I came in this morning, and to sanity check myself... *feeling very silly at the moment* however it worked perfectly without issue - YEAH

The main difference between the two tests was that:

Test 1: I was attempting to import from a protected (only certain users have access) network location

Test 2: I copied from a locally created folder, and also from a unsecured (everyone has access) network location.

Can you please advise what sort of permissions that are required on both the system that you are importing from, and the SP server that you are importing too as this is the only difference I can see between yesterdays and today's tests.