Importer Fails: Internal 500 Error

Aug 9, 2010 at 11:32 AM
Everytime I try to import, it fails after trying to connect to my SharePoint site. I have tried running it on multiple different servers in the organization including the SharePoint server. Here is the event displayed in the event log: WebHost failed to process a request. Sender Information: System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment+HostingManager/23085090 Exception: System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The service '/_vti_bin/client.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation. The exception message is: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object. at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPLayoutsMappedFile.MapLayoutsVirtualPath(String virtualPath) at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPVirtualPathProvider.GetCacheKey(String virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetCacheKeyFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean& keyFromVPP) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetCompiledCustomString(String virtualPath) at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.GetCompiledCustomString(String normalizedVirtualPath) at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.CreateService(String normalizedVirtualPath) at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.ActivateService(String normalizedVirtualPath) at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath) at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.EnsureServiceAvailableFast(String relativeVirtualPath) Process Name: w3wp Process ID: 396
Aug 10, 2010 at 7:17 AM
I don't see immediately what the cause could be. Can you access the service through the browser? Is this using SharePoint RTM?
Aug 25, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Sorry Melg, I never received the email that you replied to this.

I ended up having to manually upload the files, but would like to see this working in the future.

I am using SharePoint RTM and can access it through the browser. 

I did notice that I am still getting this error even though I've not tried the tool since the 9th. I believe it may be related to some other issues on the server. I cannot even open the site in SharePoint designer 2010 now, though I could before.