Can't Debug Build

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Great tool.  Does what it says.

I'm trying to build it from Source code so that I can debug/set breakpoints.

I cannot seem to get it to build.  Here is error:

Error    3    The command "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\spbulkdocumentimport-50728\OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer\\Tools\ilmerge.exe /ndebug /out:OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.exe OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.CommandLine.exe OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.CommandLineParsing.dll OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.dll OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.Domain.dll OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.FileSystem.dll OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.SharePoint.dll
ren OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.CommandLine.exe.config OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.config
move /Y OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.config ..\..\..\Release\OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.config
move /Y OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.exe ..\..\..\Release\OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.exe" exited with code 1.    OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.CommandLine

Can you help?  MUCH appreciated.

Apr 18, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Something is going wrong during the ILMerge post-build command.

If you just want to debug the easiest solution is to remove the post-build command entirely

OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.CommandLine -> project properties -> Build Events -> Post-build

Aug 4, 2011 at 1:15 PM

I had the same problem and could fix it. A directory name does not match the project name.

1. In Visual Studio, remove Project OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.CommandLine
2. Rename the directory OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.Console to OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.CommandLine
3. Add the project OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.CommandLine back to the solution
4. Rebuild the solution

Jul 2, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I got the same issue, but rename doesnt work :-(

Is there more to do??

Jul 2, 2012 at 1:24 PM

The easiest solution is to remove the post build event that tries to merge the assemblies. The only effect is that you will have more assemblies. You can edit the post build event in OrbitOne.SharePoint.Importer.CommandLine -> project properties -> Build Events -> Post-build